Monday, May 16, 2011

My Favorite Coleslaw

This coleslaw recipe isn’t fancy, but it goes great with BBQ cooking recipes and any other type of outdoor events. Actually, it’s great indoors, too! It has a pungent vinegar taste, along with some sweetness. If I don’t have time to shred my own cabbage, I use a 10-ounce package of slaw mix. I like to chop the packaged slaw mix to a finer texture, however, because it gives the slaw more surface area. This makes for a creamier coleslaw.
My Favorite Coleslaw recipe
Ingredients:
6 cups shredded cabbage OR a 10-ounce bag
3/8 cup cider vinegar
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sugar OR Splenda
¼ cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoons milk
¼ cup sweet pickle relish
2 green onions, thinly sliced (I include the tops)
Garlic salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Directions: Place cabbage in large bowl and chop to desired texture.
In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, mayo, sugar, ranch dressing, and milk. Pour over cabbage.
Add relish, onions, garlic salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment